Tuesday 29 September 2009

Target Audience

The majority of horror films are rated 15 or above due to the content such as bloody violence and gore that is only suitable to be viewed by teenagers aged 15 or older. My horror teaser trailer contains scenes and clips showing gore, blood and death, similar aspects to those in the trailers I have watched therefore I would classify it as a 15. My target audience for my trailer is the core audience of people aged 15 to 24 who are the most frequent cinema goers and are most likely to want to watch the film.
I asked a group of people who are in the core audience of 15 to 24 year olds a question about what they expect to see in a horror in order to make sure that I have included the different aspects in my teaser.
What forms and convetions do you expect to see in a horror trailer?
-Blood

-Death
-Victims
-Villains
-Weapons
-Darkness
-Gore
-Screams
The above are the answers that i received from my mini survey, having observed what my target audience expect to see in a horror teaser, I can see that i have covered all of the aspects.

No comments:

Post a Comment