Tuesday 13 October 2009

Audience views on film magazines

I have produced a questionnaire that is aimed at not just my target audience for my teaser trailer but a wider audience including people who are interested in films of all genres and those aged between 18 and 35 who most frequently purchase magazines. The questions that I asked will be used to help me make decisions when planning my own front cover for a fim magazine.

1. How much would you pay for a well-known film magazine that contains plenty of articles and information about all the latest films?
-£2.99 lllll 5
-£1.75 lll 3
-£3.45 lllll 5
-£3.70 lllllll 7

2. When you flick through a film magazine before choosing which one to purchase, what is it that you look for?
- The films that are featured llllllll 8
- Who the interview of the month is with lll 3
- The latest news about films and movie stars lllll 5
- Any extras that may be included such as posters or prizes up for grabs llll 4

3. What aspect of the front cover tends to grab your attention first?
- The masthead lllllll 7
- The main image lllllllll 9
- The price l 1
- The subheadings lll 3

4. Do you purchase the same magazine or do you tend to swap and change the magazine you buy?
- I prefer to buy the same magazine llllllllllll 12
- I dont always buy the same one llllllll 8

5. Are you more intersted in the front cover or what is inside the magazine when you are deciding upon what one to buy?
- What is inside llllllllll 10
- The front cover llllllllll 10

From looking at the responses of my questions I can determine that customers expect to pay higher prices for film magazines than the cost of many other magazines such as womens mags. The films that are featured are clearly the main point of interest as well as the main images that are on the cover. The contents of the magazine and what is on the front cover are equally important from a consumers perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment